Thursday, January 15, 2009


This is the after shot of my kitchen floor, it is a major improvement on the carpet, which unfortunately I don't have a picture of to show just how bad it was. I have also put in a picture of the rest of the kitchen to show how well the floor boards fit in. We have not done anything to this room other than the floor and the splash back tiles. The previous owners of the house had to replace the kitchen before we moved in due to water damage, so we have a brand new kitchen. We plan to paint the kitchen at some stage, but as there are other things higher on the priority list it will just have to wait.




I put in the picture of the kitchen scales I bought at a market, I picked them up for $2. I thought about painting them, but I think I like the worn look they have. The kitchen in my house would have to be one of the most important rooms, as I love to cook. I love the open plan to my kitchen, it allows me to grab anything in an instant as I don't need to navigate my way around any obsticles

5 comments:

  1. The floors came out great!
    And I love the vintage of your kitchen. Have fun with the entire project.
    xo xo
    PS Thanks taking a look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Your mum recommended me to visit your blog and follow your progress as my daughter and her partner have just purchased a little cottage style house that was built in 1900.

    My daughter is so excited with their first home and they hope it will be theirs forever. Her mind is full of ideas as to what she wants to do. They only moved in on Saturday. I went to visit and have a look today. It's lovely, but needs some work here and there.

    I will tell her about your blog as you have something in common. I am sure she will have a lot to blog about now.

    Good luck with your little house, I will pop by to visit from time to time.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi,
    I have come from Out Back blog to check out your rennovations as well, which look great!
    We are currently rennovating as well, our house was moved from a sheep property about 60 years ago and was added onto so we are finding all sorts of interesting things. My hubby is a builder/carpenter so we are rennovating as we go :)
    All the best with yours

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old scales, I agree leave them just like they are.

    I have a similar set, mine are green and where yours are straight at the top mine are scalloped. I was lucky enough to have salvaged mine from a throw out pile when my Grandmother had a clean out. Mum wanted to know why I wanted them she thought they were old and ugly, but I love them.

    ReplyDelete