Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Flood

The Australian climate is certainly one of extremes, last fortnight we had hot humid days and today we had flooding at work and had to shuffle all our paper records around so that they did not get destroyed by the water flowing through the room. As I was the lucky one who was not cut off from work by rising flood water, I was stuck at work for most of the day, and will be back there all day tomorrow as the other girls are not able to get in to work. As I was coming home my son Liam and I stopped by the river for a look and I took some pics on my mobile.



You can see the river has come right up over the park, we are now in a minor flood, one more meter and the water from the river rushes into the town. They have been sandbaging the river area all afternoon. Hopefully it does not come to the point where I have to leave my home as we are in a fairly low part of town that will be evacuated in the early stages of a major flood.

1 comment:

  1. Wow....good photoes Heidi! Hope you dont have to evacuate. You can come and stay with me...lol. Mum. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete